Mastering the Art of Billing: A Controller’s Blueprint for Success
As your business grows, so does the complexity of your billing process. A manual system for billing is easier when your transaction volume is low, and your company is just getting off the ground. However, as time goes on, this isn’t a viable solution or a good use of your time as a controller.
Streamlining the billing process will maximize efficiency, reduce errors, and help you achieve unparalleled results. If you’re looking to improve your existing billing processes, this guide will provide you with a blueprint for success.
Billing Technologies and Integrations
Integrated applications and digital tools build a connected environment that makes the billing cycle easier to manage, so take the time to assess your tech stack.
After you’ve done that, what exactly should you consider for your solutions?
- Smartsheet — Promote collaboration and productivity. Smartsheet delivers a content management platform that helps you track projects and connect with your team.
- Harvest — Keep your team on top of project budgets with intuitive workflows, and track billable time with a web-based timesheet. Quickly create client invoices based on your team’s time and expenses.
- Hubspot — Improve client relationships and efficiently collect and organize client data. A dedicated CRM software lets you streamline the onboarding process, review trends in customer lifecycles, and access customer data needed for billing purposes.
- Salesforce — Avoid billing and approval delays, improve cash flow, automate the quote-to-cash process, and get real-time visibility into customer and transactional data.
Scalable Invoice Automation
You’ll want to be sure that whatever technology-driven plan you have in place for your invoicing and billing strategy is scalable. Manual, disconnected, or siloed applications will make growing your business —and handling multi-entities— very challenging.
Using an automated and centralized billing system like Sage Intacct can help you avoid these common problems:
- Disappearing Invoices
- Missing Invoice or Customer Data
- Improper Reporting (Errors!)
- Recurring Mistakes
Even a seemingly minor error in your invoicing could impact your bottom line and affect your customer relationships. Sage Intacct is a feature-rich, cloud accounting system that easily adapts and configures to your needs, reducing risk and allowing you to focus more on strategic accounting work rather than wasting time searching for that missing invoice.
Handle complex billing operations with seamless integrations, leading software tools, and automated workflows. Sage Intacct is a game-changer for controllers who want to take their billing process to the next level. By being better prepared for future growth and scaling the business, you can shift towards a forward-thinking mindset in your role as a controller, and free up your time to focus on the bigger picture.
Get started with Trusted CFO Solutions to learn more about transitioning your billing process to Sage Intacct.